1. Coming out to your parents is so hard because 9 times out of 10 they will tell you,
“Oh honey! You’re just confused”
Or my favorite:
“You’ll grow out of it eventually.”
No Mom, I am not confused I am very much so positive about my sexuality and no I will not grow out of it because it has been 6 years and 2 girlfriends and 3 boyfriends.
2. To the people who ask this question:
“So since you’re with a guy you’re straight now, right?”
“Since you’re with a girl now you’re a lesbian, right?”
No you are ignorant I am still attracted to both of the genders equally I like all people, do you want to know why? BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE SOOOOO SEXY! Oh my god, all people mega attractive I dig them.
3. Forget every guy who has told me,
“Hey babe, I can make you straight.”
I am sorry to decline your offer sir but I would prefer ANYONE ELSE except you like anyone at all. Not you. Anyone? Yes, anyone.
4. I will not tell people I am straight or gay depending on situation. I will proudly tell them as loud as I can (not really I’m shy) that I am bisexual and proud.
5. Please don’t tell me I don’t exist. I have been trying to find a place for myself for so long and when people tell me that bisexual isn’t a thing. It just tears me up inside.
6. My sexuality is not a fad. It is not some new hot trend. I am not some headline reading
“Bisexuality new hot trend for teens”
No it’s not. It’s people finally figuring out who they are and telling everyone.
7. I know that coming out is hard and it’s scary. And no one will force you to come out. But we are not restrained to closets, we are inside our Narnia because that is what we are used to. We will emerge from it when we have grown comfortable with ourselves.
8. I am also here to tell you that I am awesome and I am happy that i know who I am and have gotten comfortable with myself as well.
9. Being gay, bisexual, trans, lesbian, asexual, anything under the sun that you want to be is freaking awesome and you are freaking awesome!
10. I love each and every single one of you and I welcome every one of you with open arms, because you have found a way to tell people who YOU are, and thank goodness you did! How would we have gotten to know you if you hadn’t told us who YOU are. Thank you for being here for me to love